Sunday, December 11, 2011

Simple, delish, and yummy gift idea

I had been looking for an easy granola recipe that was simple and tasty!
In my search I found one that I think is great, easy, healthy, kid tested and yumminess approved!
It is a great base that you can change up and put your favorite ingredients to your liking.

Simple, easy and oh so pretty!
My mother-in-law and her two sisters came to visit and I made this little gift for them to take home
in just a little over an hour. Seriously the recipe is that easy!
I found it here at this wonderful cooking blog Barbara Bakes.  It's a great base recipe to this yummy granola.
You can really add whatever goodies you like. Like for the Very Berry Granola I used a Trader Joes mix that had dried blueberries,cherries,cranberries and raisins and then added sliced almonds and  chopped pecans but still used the base of the recipe.  It's also gluten free so if you have anybody on your list who can't eat wheat.

I also had to make a batch of her favorite.....
Chocolate Chip Scones. Recipe here.


Made up some quick tags and got some simple brown bags.
and filled with the yummy treats!
Not only very simple but easy on the budget!
This year lots of this tasty treat will be givin' out!
and the extras!!! A great snack for the family!


My sons favorite snack!
I have been very slow getting the decorations out. We have not even got our tree up yet!
Trying not to rush though! Want to enjoy !



Wishing you all a great week!

Elizabeth

4 comments:

It's me said...

Beautiful decorating darling !!...love your gift !!...have a nice week....xxx..

Cindy said...

Oh I remember those scones!!!:)
And the granola looks yummy too!
have a happy day elizabeth

Martina said...

Your gift bags are superlovely! I adore the reindeers from note-paper - what a sweet idea!

Gloria said...

Love your gift bag ideas. Those reindeer are so beautiful!!
Your kitchen and chalkboard (with words) are very lovely and inspiring!!

Thanks for sharing!
Blessings to you,
xoxo...Gloria