Sunday, April 3, 2011

Words & thoughts...


Lately I've had a case of the worries.

So I decided I needed a constant reminder to zap my worries when they enter my mind. I created lots of little positive words to keep my mind focused.




Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere.  ~Glenn Turner
 
 Don’t you be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. Yes, I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness.
                          (Isaiah 41:10)






Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. 
                         ~Leo Buscaglia

I hung them all up to make a little peaceful tree, so every time I pass by I will be reminded of good thoughts.

Peace and love

blessings

Elizabeth

“Come to me, all you who labor and are heavily burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”(Matthew 11:28-30)

9 comments:

It's me said...

Beautiful post !!...God is so good for us.......please do not have too many negative thoughts...be grateful...and thankful....you are so good person....filled with joy....God loves you for who you are now......don't worry to much.......make space for good thoughts ......love love Ria....xxx...xxx...xxx...

Pamela said...

This is beautiful!
My mind is filled with worry too as my hubby looks for work. This morning i wrote a positive affirmation on my mirror to help me along!

Pamela :)

Scrappy Grams said...

Such a lovely way to keep one's mind on positive thoughts!

a vintage knitter said...

Had a lot on my mind, worry about my elder father in the hospital, money and finances for my DD and her family. THank you for your post...it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l and giving time to God can help. God Bless and don't worry...

Much love and prayer
a Vintage Knitter

a vintage knitter said...

Mmmmmmmmm can you make more tags so I can make a peaceful tree for myself? Put them on your Etsy site dear? Let me know...

thank you,
((hugs))

Jennifer said...

Thank you. What a lovely idea. I think I may make my very own little happy tree! :)

Gloria said...

Thank you for these positive thoughts and words today. I think worry is something the enemy uses to weaken and tear us down. God doesn't want us to be fearful and full of so much worry. Having a sweet little reminder, like your pretty tree you have made, is one great way to remind us of how good God is to us...:0)

Beautiful post!! I hope your week is full of happy thoughts!

xoxo Gloria

Martina said...

Love this idea! What a nice, positive reminder - and so pretty! After all this shows, that you're not a negative person at all. But we all fight with worries - me too! Feel inspired by this!

Granny Sue said...

A beautiful idea. Thank you for sharing it.