Friday, March 4, 2011

Tea Cups......

With spring time approaching

I cant stop thinking of tea cups

and tea parties.........

tiny, dainty, pretty foods....

laughter and friends......

All the best china....

flowers and linens.....

The mere chink of cups and saucers tunes the mind to happy repose.
~George Gissing, The Private Papers of Henry Ryecroft


The daintiness and yet elegance of a china tea cup focuses
one to be gentle,to think warmly and to feel close.
~Carol and Malcolm Cohen~

I like to... think about the houses and the drawing
rooms,the kitchens and the cupboards where
the {tea cups} were kept.And the people
who cared for them and what they thought and felt
and loved and lost.
For as a wise french writer once said,
"the reconstitution of the past is a delicate pleasure
of which one should not be deprived.
~Geraldene Holt~

Find yourself a cup of tea; the teapot is behind you.
Now tell me about hundreds of things.
~Saki~

Remember the tea kettle -
it is always up to its neck in hot water, yet it still sings!
~Author Unknown~

"I can just imagine myself sitting down at the head of the table
and pouring out the tea," said Anne,shutting her eyes ecstatically.
"And asking Diana if she takes sugar! I know she doesn't but
of course all ask her just as if I didn't know."
~Anne of Green Gables~

I'm definetly looking forward to filling these tea cups with the
delight of tasty tea,
tiny foods,and thoughtful conversation.

I hope you are having a wonderful Friday.

I'm a bit late but I'm linking up
with the most lovely Joyce over at I Love pretty things.
For Friday pretties.
There is so many pretties to see.

Elizabeth

15 comments:

Marie said...

Such pretty teacups Elizabeth. Love how you styled them in your photos! I collect teacups too, but only pretty ones. Happy weekend!
-marie

It's me said...

Beautiful cups!!...nice !! happy friday pretties....lovely weekend Ria....

Wanda Metcalf said...

hehehe I also did teacups and I have seen others today who have written about teacups or teapot cozy's funny must be the rain and melting snow. I love the rustic look the wood and the pretty china together!

Happy Pretty Friday!

vintage mum said...

Pretty tea cups, tea tastes so much nicer out of china
Enjoy your weekend
Cate x

a vintage knitter said...

Ooooohhh lovely teacups!! Reminds me of my first Formal Tea that I went to as a young girl and all the "tea times" since!! Wonderful memories and as my youngest grandaughter loves to do...'clink-clink'.... and sipping great quantities of tea, yummies goodies and lovely table settings:) What a wonderful Friday Pretties!!!

H[u]g[s]

Blessedmom's Simple Home said...

What sweet tea cups, and tea is my favorite drink :-)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Marcia

Martina said...

Awww, how i'd love a rea party with all favorite bloggy friends! That would be fun! Have a lovely weekend - these cups are so pretty!

~*~ saskia ~*~ said...

Your teacups are amazingly sweet, Elizabeth! Your tea must taste so much better when being drunk out of one of these lovelies.
Have a HaPPy weekend xxx

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

PRETTY!!! I also love tea cups and saucers. I have some from my husband's grandmother and his great-aunts. They are so fragile and beautiful. From a different time and place for sure...
Have a wonderful weekend!
Joyce

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I love your playlist! Can I snag a couple of songs for my blog?

Vintage Home said...

Your tea cups are so sweet...pink roses ..can't get better. Your quotes are delightful and brought visions of sweet times to my mind!

koralee said...

Oh I so adore your sweet tea cups....I am so with you..how can one be unhappy around the JOY of tea. I hear my water boiling right now...off to make myself a cup. Wish you could join me. xooxo

Happy Week to you my friend.

Diana said...

love teacups and teapots too, esp love that big white teapot, very pretty. : )

Gloria said...

I love your teacups!!! SOOO very pretty!!

I love how you photographed them with that rustic wood in the background. Beautiful!!

I hope you are having a happy day!!

xoxo Gloria

Maaike said...

wonderful teacups and that kettle is great! Love, Maaike