Thursday, February 17, 2011

Going green with paper flowers.

I'm totally on a paper kick right now.......
I think because...
one-
it's like free
two-
your totally doing your part to reuse and recycle..
and three-
It's totally fun and the possibilities
are endless.

So here's my going green project...
I had some spice jars that I had saved and wanted
to reuse them......
and this is what I came up with for my jars....

I had some cut out paper flowers.....
these were cut out with a cutter.


my three little spice jars that I wanted to reuse,
all cleaned out, and labels soaked, and then washed off.


I got all my supplies ready......


I used a bit of this to age the paper....


and these little flowers that I had in my craft supplies
I used for the center.

but first....

I brushed with a bit of glue and then dipped in some glitter...


I then put it in the center of the paper flowers.....
and just used tape to secure...


I got some sticks .......


and viola' my pretty paper flowers....

and now....

some rice to fill the little jars....


and my easy make shift funnel made out of paper
that worked great to poor the rice in the little jars.


and there you have it a great thrifty,green idea.....


very easy....

very pretty.


and very green.
I'm linking up with Joyce over at I love pretty things.
Have a wonderful day!
Elizabeth

8 comments:

It's me said...

I really really like your papaer flowers!! so lovely !!...happy friday pretties....love love love Ria...xxx...

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

I Love This! Those are the prettiest little flowers Ever! You are so creative. I love the picture that says "Pretty Things".
Thanks for showing us how you did this Green craft. Very Fun!!!
Joyce

Wanda Metcalf said...

Those are SO PRETTY. I think what just really "makes them" is that they are made from sheet music!! LOVE THEM!!! ....adding them to a glass jar of rice very cute too. I think I will use these in place of a bow on gifts!

Thanks for sharing... =0)

Vintage Home said...

Great job..love the sheet music flowers!..and your heart banner from a few days ago!..so sweet!

Gloria said...

I think you did a darling job on your paper flowers!!!! I love the white rice in them. VERY pretty and sweet...:)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, sweet (talented) friend!

LOve,
Gloria xoxo

vintage mum said...

A nice idea I might use this for Mothers Day with my Rainbow Guides.
Will have to cut them out though as I don't have a cutter thanks
Cate x

birdie blue said...

love your paper flowers, elizabeth. ever so sweet!

xo
~molly

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Just absolutely cute! Love your lil' flowers and how you put them into the bottles.