Sunday, July 25, 2010

Doin' What Ya Love!



I've been a bit away from my blog lately....

Partly because of life stuff.....

and...

as Fiona & Twig once called it....

I think I've had....

Bloggers constipation...... LOL

But also because of a little something new

I'm trying.....

{If you've noticed a new link to Etsy on my

sidebar}...

well....

It's my new Etsy shop called Bits Of Vintage.....



There you will find bits of vintage clothing, jewelry,

little bits for the home and some ....

altered and upcycled things.

A few weeks ago I woke up with this name rolling around in my head...

Bits Of Vintage.....

and a strong desire ....

{Which is usually not me}....

to take the leap and just go for it...

and add my other passion...

Vintage,salvaged,altered to the mix!

I really love the fact that not only is vintage fun,but your

helping out this lovely planet that we live on when you

are reusing and recycling these lovely treasures.


My number one passion is creating things, but I do have a

huge love for vintage and time worn treasures.

Here is a bit of what you will find in my new shop.....

Bits of Vintage Clothing.....

Pretty In Pink Pleated Skirt


Vintage Silky Nightgown

Bits of Vintage Jewelry....

Sunshiny flower Enamel brooch


Chunky,Funky 80's Bracelets


Faux Pearl Necklace

Altered Bits.......



Altered Vintage Slip Dress

Vintage Bits for the Home.....

Mr. and Mrs Bookends......


Pretty mixed and matched china.

A while back.....

I came across this article in Country living or Home.....

{not quite sure because I do love to save my magazines so

when I went back to find the article, well you know how that

goes}......

The article was about a lady who made her career

doing what she loved, her passion....

I had written down these questions from the article.....

They really caught my attention....

When do you feel most alive?

When are you happier with yourself?

The answers could be in your next big adventure.....

Listen to them!

So as I hold on tight and listen....

I will see where this next big adventure leads me.......

If anything I'm having fun and enjoying what I love....

I hope you are enjoying your summer!

P.S. Don't forget to enter my giveaway- Here

Take a peek I've added one more new thing
from my new shop! .......

I also added a button to grab on the sidebar.

Elizabeth

8 comments:

It's me said...

What a lovely vinatage shop you have !!! congratulations !!! ....nice things..........happy evening......hugs from me........

vintage mum said...

Hope it all goes well, have fun, and I look forward to seeing more.

Cate x

Privet and Holly said...

Your passion for your
new venture is already
jumping out from the
computer screen ~ so
bravo and well done!!!
Can't wait to take a
peek! Elizabeth, thank
you for your sweet comment
on P&H...My friend's surgery
is tomorrow and all of
the comments inspired her
so much. Big hugs to you!
xx Suzanne

I Love Pretty Little Things said...

Your shops are great! How fun to start something new and exciting! Make sure that you feature your shop in Friday Pretties! We miss you... :)
Joyce

a vintage knitter said...

Elizabeth...so good to see you back into your blog...missed th emore frequent posts!! I am addicted!!!!!!!!!!!
Love the new shop....."bits of vintage!!" LOVE IT!! too cute":)

Good luck and God Bless!!

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh!! I'm so excited for you. Off to visit your shop!

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

I wondered what you'd been up to!
Sometimes time away is what's needed to re-charge the creative juices. Sounds like you've been doing just that!

Your shop looks just great!
And you don't look constipated at all! ;-)

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
Hugs,
Anne

Heaven's Walk - said...

I'm loving that altered cami, Elizabeth! Gotta see if it's still available in your shop! Woo hoo!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk