Thursday, January 28, 2010

Organization

OK,

I've been on a major organization frenzy as part of my resolution

to get organized.

Also sticking to a budget and trying to use what I already have.

So I wanted to share.

Here are a few pics of what I've been doing....

Remember the Dollar Store baskets that I wanted to pretty up?

Well here they are.......

Before boring and not so cute.

After.....


Totally cute!!!



These baskets hold some of my craft supplies.....

So much prettier!!!



I'm still working on these but I think they're turning out pretty cute.

They took a little different turn than the way I thought I was gonna go

but I'm happy with the way they're turning out,

and cheap which is always {A good thing}.

All my baskets were under $20.00 and I used scrap book paper from

Michael's to make the labels.

They had them 5 for 1.00 {can't beat that} and

if you wanted to change your look it's just a matter of new paper and

a little time.

I stamped the fronts, gave them a little aged look , tied the

front with ribbon and a little double sided tape on the back to hold in place.

So pretty!

Also remember this is my laundry/store all room.

Well, as I was on my major organization frenzy,

I wasn't thinking {which sometimes happens} and.....

{I'm a little peeved with myself}

because...

I got busy moving things around and trying to come up with a more

organized work area.

One that's mine in a very tiny space.........

I didn't think to take pictures, Ughhhhh!!!

They would have been a great before and after.

So you will have to imagine this wall with two bookshelves,

things just shoved in and no real order.

Well,this is what happened.....

I was on a roll with my baskets and

{because just doing one project at a time would be {the wiser thing}

I thought maybe I would move my bookshelves to see how they

would look on the other wall.

So with no real plan in mind

I emptied the shelves and started to move them.

Well, one was not real stable {they are in two pieces} and

the top piece broke off.

I was like {OH! %##^%} {now what am I gonna do?}

and {part of my storage is gone.}

As I stood their in my big mess I had created,

thinking {all I'm doing is creating more of a mess}

{I should have just left things alone.}

Then I thought.........

OK, this could work

{what if I made this my work desk}

about that time my son walked in and was like

{What the heck are you doing?}

So I told him....

{I'm thinking this could be a little work area}

He left but came right back with a piece from a shelf he had in his

room that was a little bigger than the bookshelf top and

Oh my gosh!!! It made a perfect little desk top!

So here is my new workspace!



Inspiration


A reminder not to forget to........

I was Oh so happy!

and the best thing of all is it was free!

So lesson learned.......

not giving up when things seem like it's just not gonna work

out is a good thing!

I'm so loving my new workspace!!!

I've got more to do but I think it's coming along!

and.....

I should have no more excuses to get busy for my Etsy Shop!



1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Those little baskets turned out fabulous! Wow girl...you rock:)